As the last month of summer is nearing, the activity in the housing market is rising which executes the best time to sell your home.
Family, relatives, and friends are what make our lives filled with excitement, but when it comes to selling your house the emotional drain can cause strain on these relationships.
To make this time less stressful, below we put together several tips.
- Detach yourself from the house. It’s not your home anymore.
- Stage your house, it will help you sell it.
- Declutter especially kitchens and baths.
- Remove items such as family portraits, degrees, or taxidermy.
- Finish all yard work around the house.
- Get professional pictures of the property in pristine condition.
Know your house:
- Hire an experienced pre-listing inspector.
- HINT: If they find nothing wrong with your house, they’re inexperienced!
- If the roof is 10 years or newer, this could be a selling point.
- If the heating is 15 years or newer, this could be a selling point.
- Make sure the electrical circuits are updated.
- Replace all visible knob and tube circuits if your house is older.
List your house:
- Hire a good realtor. Ask them questions make sure you interview them.
- Negotiate your realtor fee. The average is 6% but it can be done for less.
- Price the house right from the start.
- Check Zillow and most recent sales.
- Don’t place a time limit on your listings.
- However, ask your realtor the average days on market.
- Be ready to show home at buyer’s convenience.
- Maintain lawn care service while showing.
- Maintain cleaning service while showing.
- Understand the closing costs.
Protect Your Home With Homeowners Insurance
Having to sell your home can be a stressful time not only for you but the people around you too, especially if you’re looking to buy a new home around the same time. Following the tips above will help eliminate this tension and give you an enjoyable end to your summer with friends and family.
Be sure to also protect yourself with affordable home insurance. Contact us today to learn how Bock Agency can help with your homeowners policy. We offer home insurance tailored to your needs in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania including the Greensburg, Irwin, N. Huntingdon, Pittsburgh, and Trafford areas. Request a homeowners insurance quote today.