As the weather is cooling down and we start firing up our heaters and furnaces the chances of a fire breaking out increases.
Ensuring your safety is our number one priority and with these cold months now approaching us we want you to be prepared and ready in the case of a fire.
First and foremost, you should have a fire extinguisher in your business and house in case of this type of emergency. But wait… is your fire extinguisher ready for when you need it?
Below we put together a list for you of items to check when inspecting fire extinguisher, so it is ready when you need it.
- Location. Is your fire extinguisher in an easily accessible area? Want you don’t want is to have it hidden behind files, papers, bookshelves, etc. You also want to have it in a place where it is most convenient to get to.
- Tamper-seal/Pull Pin. To ensure that your fire extinguisher is not broken check the tamper-seal and then make sure the pull pin is not missing.
- Pressure Gauge. Make sure the pressure gauge is located within the green section on the fire extinguisher.
- Physical Damage. Check to see if your fire extinguisher has any leakage, clogged nozzle, or corrosion. Having this damage could lead to your fire extinguisher not working properly when you go to use it.
- Professional Inspection. Having a professional inspection is very important, therefore, know when the last one was and when it should be inspected again.
Protect Yourself with Insurance for your Business and Home
Having a fire extinguisher when you need it can save your life but having one that is not in the proper condition could be a disaster. Therefore, always make sure your business and home are prepared and covered.
Also, be sure to protect yourself with affordable home and life insurance so that you can add this addition line coverage to it. Contact us today to learn how Bock Agency can help with your homeowner’s policy. We offer home insurance tailored to your needs in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania including the Greensburg, Irwin, N. Huntingdon, Pittsburgh, and Trafford areas. Request a homeowners insurance quote today.