Buying a new house or moving into a new apartment is very exciting, but if you are not prepared for moving day it can also be just as stressful and expensive. Therefore, to keep your stress at ease we created a list for you below in order to prepare you for your moving day.
Before the Move:
- Inform your insurance company that you are moving!
- Create a moving checklist and budget with a time frame.
- Decide whether you need to hire a moving company or not.
- Pick a moving day.
- Moving companies, trucks, etc., are less expensive during the week and towards the middle of a month.
- Pack a moving bag to keep with you.
- Pack anything you think you will need during the move in this bag. Such things could include water bottles, toothbrushes, medications, important documents, wallets, clothing, jewelry, etc.
- Invest in good moving boxes.
- Take photos of furniture, accessories, or anything else valuable to you.
- Place large objects in smaller boxes.
- This makes larger objects easier to carry and will prevent them from falling through a large box.
- Don’t overpack a box. You want to be able to pick up all boxes.
- Fill all empty spaces in moving boxes with paper, clothes, etc.
- Color code the moving boxes for each room with colored tape or sticky notes.
- Set aside time every day to pack, even if it’s just for an hour.
- This will save you from procrastinating, causing less stress.
- Use plastic wrap on anything that could possibly leak during the move.
On Moving Day:
- Take your time. Nicely place your things onto the moving truck so that they do not get damaged.
- Dedicate someone to inform the movers of where they need to go and what needs to be moved first.
- If you hired a moving company, place a fully charged iOS device on the moving truck in a box.
- Depending on how far you are moving, your things may not arrive to your new home within the same day so this way you can track its location.
Being able to enjoy your moving day is very important because it means you are taking the next step in your life. So, follow the list above to keep your stress at ease on this major day.
Protect Yourself with Auto, Homeowners, and Life Insurance
Also, be sure to protect yourself with affordable auto, home, and life insurance. Contact us today to learn how Bock Agency can help with your homeowner’s policy. We offer home insurance tailored to your needs in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania including the Greensburg, Irwin, N. Huntingdon, Pittsburgh, and Trafford areas. Request a homeowners insurance quote today.